The smart cash box was designed in order to ease the bus-driver’s task of receiving money from passengers and sorting it.
Features and Benefits
The smart cash box:
- Accepts two kinds of coins: 1-NIS and 10-NIS.
- Sorts them into two cells.
- Counts total number of coins per coin type and calculates the total summary.
- The Coin’s Stand – The place where the coin enters the box and held to enable the camera to picture it.
- The Photo-Resistor – Recognizes that a coin was entered to the box and is now standing on the coin’s stand, waiting for the camera to take a picture of it.
- The Camera – Takes a picture of the coin entered in order to distinguish which coin is it.
- The Laptop – Where the MatLab code of the image processing is being executed and the kind of the coin is revealed.
- The Arduino Servo – The motor that physically sorting and drops the coins to the right cell.
- The Cells – Where the coins are located after their type has been discovered.
You can see it operates here:
For more detailed explanation about the project please refer to our presentation:
- Yogev Shaban
- Guy Hamburger
- Alon Dankner
special thanks to itay segev