Smart Home Project
By: Idan Deddiashvilli And Roy Ben Moshe
Final Project Video:
The Electrical Circuit:
- Control TV (and other IR devices) with voice commands, using Amazon echo.
The difficulties of the project:
- Build the electrical circuit was challenging we got professional help from electronic engineer.
- The electrical circuit building was challenging and we used some support of electrical engineer to deal with it.
- Programming in Amazon workspace.
- Integrate many tools and make them work together (combining code and libraries from many different sources).
What we achieved:
- Improvement of RPI Amazon Echo from here: smart-home-project so it can run now using only one command.
- We control TV and other IR devices.
- Catch IR codes and translate them to 1 line IR code.
- We add for Amazon echo skill from the link above the ability to send HTTP requests.
The needed equipment:
- Amazon echo
- ESP8266 NodeMcu board
- IR receiver
- Super bright IR led
- 2N2222 Transistor
- Here you can find all the details about the circuit In the link: https://github.com/mdhiggins/ESP8266-HTTP-IR-Blaster
- Go to Amazon developer and create a new skill:
- Copy the intent schema
- Copy the sample utterance
- In “aws” create lambda function:
- Copy the code and save
Editing the given code:
adding your own command
In the skill:
- Make a new intent in the intent schema
- Add sample utterances
In the lambda function:
- Change the IP in the top of the code to your global IP (it is recommended to use dynamic DNS service).
- Add IR block and enter the -1 line IR code, the intent name and the other parameters of the block.
Proposal for future projects:
Expand the skill to Control devices with web API using the HTTP requests.