The Statistics Consulting Unit provides consulting services to researchers at the University and beyond.
The consultants of the unit are all faculty members in the Department of statistics, with graduate degrees in statistics. In addition, consulting is given by students employed in the unit as part of their course of Masters in the Statistics Department.
If required, consulting can be administered by senior faculty members in the Statistics Department.
The consulting process includes all stages of the research:
- Research design:
- Editing the research tools (questionnaires, forms).
- Experimental planning: sample size calculations, editing experiment protocols.
- Sample design: determining the target population and the appropriate sampling method.
- Sampling process: random sampling from the target population using the required method.
- Computerizing data:
Manual data entry or optical scanning (including the conversion of existing tools into optical scanner readable forms).
- Data processing and statistical testing of hypotheses:
The data manipulation and the statistical analyses are performed using statistical software such as SAS, R, SPSS and other designated packages.
Summarizing the findings of the research through tabular and/or graphical presentation.
Surveys can be conducted through the survey center operates within the Statistics Consulting Unit.
Researchers from the University of Haifa can receive annual consultation hours at the Statistics Consulting Unit financed by the research authority of the university.